Healing through Forgiveness
1. Understand and acknowledge that not forgiving is a sin. Confess the sin to God and repent. Matt. 6:14-15; Mark 11:25-26; Luke 6:37; Colossians 3:13; James 1:22-25; 1 John 1:9
2. Make a choice of your will to forgive. Ephesians 4:32
3. Verbalize your choice - say it out loud - say it as often as you need to: "I forgive (name) for (offense).
4. As often as you feel anger and animosity towards the person or situation:
a. Stop 'replaying' the event
b. Make the choice to forgive
c. Speak out loud your choice to forgive them
5. Pray for God's blessing and mercy on the other person. Luke 6:36; Matthew 5:43-48 'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing.'
6. Seek God's strength to forgive. Ezekiel 36:27; 2 Cor 12:7-10
7. Accept that God allows hardship and suffering. Psalm 119:67-75; Romans 8:28
8. See the other people and the situation from God's perspective. Matthew 9:36