4-29-12 Michael Madeira
, Secretary of the Board of Elders, gave an update on the pastoral search. He announced that the board is continuing the process required to select a candidate and hope to have an announcement for the church within the next few weeks.
2-11-12 Michael Madeira
, Secretary of the Board of Elders, gave an update on the pastoral search. At the Annual Congregational Meeting (Feb 19, 2012) he announced that they hope to have an update/announcement to make very soon. The Elder Board has been going through resumes and because our process is designed for us to bring the focus down to one individual who we feel that God has led us to, we have formally interviewed an individual and went through the required process with him. We spoke with him about becoming our pastoral candidate, but after prayerful consideration, he and his wife have decided that God's will for them now is to stay where they are (for their children's sake.) While this is not the announcement we had hoped to make, we, as an Elder Board, will step back and not begin again, but go back to the process of looking at the resumes that have been submitted and will continue to seek God's direction for our church.
1-8-12 Pastor Bob Rhoden, Interim Pastor gave a pastoral search update which included the "Pastoral Search Process" presentation (listed below) to refresh memories as to what the process will look like. The Elder Board is currently looking at resumes and prayerfully considering possible candidates.
10-16-11 Pastor Bob Rhoden, Interim Pastor gave a "Pastoral Search Process" presentation to tell the congregation how the search for a new pastor will take place. The process is as follows:
Pastoral Search Process
1. After due diligence, fasting, and prayer, the Elders will select one potential candidate from the list of applicants.
2. The one potential candidate will come for a face-to-face interview with the Elders.
- The Elders will meet after the interview and determine if the person interviewed should be the candidate.
3. Once the candidate has been selected, a weekend will be chosen for the candidate and spouse (and possibly their children) to be at the church.
- The weekend will include:
- a meal with the Elders and their spouses.
- a time for meetings with various groups in the church for
conversation and Q & A, including a time for anyone in general.
- the candidate will preach.
- a business meeting will be held for a vote on the candidate.
4. Two Sundays prior to the candidate weekend:
- A resume of the candidate will be provided.
- A call will be made for a special time of fasting and prayer in preparation for the candidate weekend.
August 28, 2011 As the church moves forward, we know that while we cannot replace Pastor Paul, he will have a successor - someone who can take up the reins where he left off and continue to lead this church with the same strong faith and vision with which Pastor Paul led the congregation. As baby steps are taken, updates will be made here so you can stay informed.
As the Elder Board begins this process, the first thing they have decided to do is to take the month of September just to pray and seek the Lord, to find out, "Where do we go from here?" Pray with us. Seek the Lord and His wisdom. God has a man to be Pastor Paul's successor.