The purpose of the Early Learning Center at University Baptist Church is to teach your child in a loving, Christian environment while helping them to grow physically, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. We strive to provide a well-balanced program that not only benefits your child but also supports, encourages, and ministers to your family.
Our teaching staff is dedicated to make the ELC program a positive learning experience for preschoolers. Our classrooms are arranged in play-learning centers, and children are able to make choices and participate in small group activities. By using the Christian-based curriculum “WEE Learn,” we are promoting hands-on experiences that are meaningful to the young child.
All of the ELC classes offer age-appropriate, hand-on activities that promote developmental skills. At the preschool level, we stress pre-reading and pre-writing activities. These help young children to develop the basic skills necessary to read and write.
- Bible stories – told daily in class
- Dramatic play – homeliving center, dolls, dress-up, puppets, blocks, transportation toys, and outdoor play
- Creative Arts – painting, coloring, pasting, cutting and modeling with clay
- Health and Safety – basic health practices, safety and nutrition
- Music – singing, action rhythm movement, music appreciation, rhythm band instruments and exercise
- Language Arts – stories, finger plays, poetry, nursery rhymes – pre-reading activities such as sequencing events, reading to children, labeling objects in the environment – pre-writing activities such as tracing, coloring, dictating stories
- Number Readiness – recognizing geometric shapes, concepts of sorting and comparison
- Science and Nature – nature study and seasonal experiences concerning God’s world.
- Physical Fitness – games in organized and supervised play; both indoors and outdoors.
The Early Learning Center meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am until 2:00pm. Children can go one or two days a week and stay until 12:00 or 2:00. We have classes for children ages 6 months to PreK.
To reserve a place for next year, a non-refundable registration fee of $150 is required. You have the opportunity to choose two day or one day care.
Tuition is as follows:
One day/week, 9:00am-12:00pm = $100/month
Two days/week, 9:00am-12:00pm = $140/month
Extended Care (12:00-2:00) = $30/month for one day, $60/month for two days
Tuition for one day ($100) + extended care ($30/month) = $130
Tuition for two days ($140) + extended care ($60/month) = $200
Wednesday enrichment (3 and 4 year olds) 9:00-12:00 = additional $50/month
We also have before school care starting at 8:00am for $10/month for one day a week and $20/month for two days a week.
For more information, email Melanie Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817.926.3318.