Home About Us
I'm New Gatherings Wondering about God? Mission Statement What We Believe Contact Us Prayer Staff & Lead TeamEvents Ministries
Ed Hawkins Sonia Allen Jason Barrios Danny Bote Jim Copeland John Davis Shannon Fields Larry Kelley Jacque Johnson Jeff McAlister Jeff Peterson Lance Pulliam Charlotte Skinner David Springer Jan Springer Dr. Larry Van Vleet Randy Wiles Dennis Wolf Silas (Si) WoodPastor News
Ascent & Foundations Classes God's Blueprint for Marriage Life Groups Men's Ministry 50+ Senior Adults Women's Ministry Worship & Creative ArtsChildren's Ministry Deaf Ministry Student Ministry Recreation Young Married Adults
Mission Events Strategic PartnershipsPhoto Gallery Resources
2012 Proposed Budget but God says... NMC Membership Position Paper 2011 New Elder and Deacon Bios Divorce in Church Leadership (NMC Position Statement) Doctrinal Statement of Faith Membership Request Form NMC Foundations Manual Purpose Statement Request for Short Term Mission Support Spiritual Gifts SurveyLinks Weekly Bulletin Weekly Drill Down Notes
Revelation-This Present Church 02.26.12 Revelation-This Present Church 02.12.12 Revelation-This Present Church 02.05.12 Revelation-This Present Church 01.29.12 Revelation-This Present Church 01.22.12 Revelation-This Present Church 01.15.12 Revelation-This Present Church 01.08.12 Revelation-This Present Church 01.01.12
Drilling Down: Questions for Life Groups and personal Bible Study
1. What do you look for in a church? What are your absolutes and your personal preferences? Discuss.
2. Read Revelation 2:18-29. As Jesus evaluated the church at Thyatira, what did he commend and condemn them for? Read Revelation 2:19, what characteristic most impressed Jesus?
3. Thyatira was growing in Christ, experiencing life transformation and greater works. Why are these things essential to any church? Any person? What kind of transformation pleases Jesus? Read John 15:4-5, Philippians 4:13, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2 and Colossians 1:27-28.
4. Take your spiritual temperature. Where would you say you stand in relationship with Jesus today? What, if anything, is holding you back from allowing Him to grow you? Read the following and discuss: John 3:3-5, 1 Peter 2:1-3, Titus 2:15, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7 and 2 Thessalonians 2:15
5. Read Revelation 2:20-23, 2 Peter 3:9 and 1 Timothy 2:3-4. What do we learn about God’s patience, desire, forgiveness and plan for all humankind?