PNC Vision and Mission
Mission and Covenant Statement
As Approved April, 1997
With God's help we are thoughtful compassionate Christians, Biblically rooted and continually guided by the Holy Spirit to love the whole of God's creation. Because we are called by God to follow the historic Jesus and risen Christ as the center of our faith,
- We reach out in love and understanding to the whole of God's people, committed to ecumenical partnerships and action, listening for and honoring the prophetic voice.
- We are communities of nurture and care, gathered in the life of Christ for faithful healing, celebration, and growth.
- We are centers of service seeking to build neighborhoods of decency and justice, and a world at peace.
As the Pacific Northwest Conference of the United Church of Christ we covenant to support each other, responding to God's call.
We commit ourselves to:
- Support and share the life and mission of our local churches:
- to work ecumenically,
- to provide information and resources for mission,
- to join in celebration,
- to support in times of crisis,
- to connect the local church, wider U.C.C., ecumenical and interfaith bodies,
- Nurture each other through:
- educational resources and opportunities for spiritual growth, evangelism, stewardship, and mission,
- facilitating networks of people called to partnership and ministry,
- providing camping and outdoor ministries,
- Enhance clergy and lay leadership:
- nurture the partnerships between clergy and laity,
- provide support and resources to parish pastors, specialized and retired ministers, in every season of clergy and church life, including search and call, new ministries, crises, and renewal
- provide standards and guidance for clergy and lay ministry.