21st Century Scholars
21st Century Scholars Program
Start planning for college as a sixth grader.
The in.gov website gives comple instructions and answers to FAQx. Students should apply whenever eligible. Once you are in the program, you do not need to re-apply. Once you are income-eligible, your elegibility cannot be revoked.
- be a resident of Indiana as an applicant and award recipient
- be enrolled in the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade at a charter school, freeway school,
or other Indiana school recognized by the Indiana Department of Education
- meet income requirements or be a ward of the county court or in foster care
The 2008-2009 Twenty-first Century Scholars Income Maximums are as
Household Size Maximum Annual Income
For each additional person in your household, add $6,660.
- make a commitment to fulfill the Scholars Pledge.
Students and their parents must complete and return the application by
June 30 of the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade year. Students may request applications for the 21st Century Scholars Program from:
- the school where the student is enrolled
- Twenty-first Century Scholars Regional Support Programs
- Twenty-first Century Scholars Central Office by calling 1-888-528-4719
- the Learn More Resource Center Hotline by calling 1-800-992-2076