of High Springs maintains an affiliation with the Southern Baptist Convention. As Southern Baptists, we believe certain biblical truths, called doctrines. We use those truths as guidelines for membership, fellowship, and as a basis for Christian education. The link below is the statement of beliefs adopted and held by the Southern Baptist Convention. It serves to clarify who we are as Baptists.
The Baptist Faith & Message
Also, here is a shorter and more general statement of our beliefs:
1. The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error for its matter. The Bible is totally true and trustworthy for all matters of faith and practice.
2. There is one and only one living true God. The eternal Triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
3. Jesus, the Christ, is the incarnation of God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and perfectly revealed and obeyed the will of God. His substitutionary death on the cross made provision for the redemption of men from sin through faith and acceptance of Jesus as personal Savior. He was crucified, died, and buried. He rose from the dead, seen by many witnesses, ascended to heaven and will return in power and glory to judge all mankind. There is no other name under heaven whereby people may be saved.
4. Salvation is offered to all who accept Jesus, and His redemptive work on the cross. It comes through confession of sin; repentance from sin; accepting/asking Jesus to save us; and a commitment to follow Jesus as Lord. Salvation comes by faith not of work.
5. The Church is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers in Jesus. The New Testament speaks of the church as the Body of Christ with importance and significance ascribed to all members. The Church also includes all of the redeemed of all ages, from every tribe and tongue.
6. All people are sinners and are in need of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
7. The duty and privilege of every believer in Jesus is to help make disciples of all nations. Sharing Jesus is not an option; it is Gods commandment to us. Sharing the Gospel of Jesus at home and around this world is the heartbeat of the church.
8. Since God is the source of all blessings, earthly and spiritual, Christians have a binding responsibility of good and faithful stewardship of time, talent, and financial blessings to do the work of God on earth.