We want to help every follower of Jesus obey his command to be baptized (Matthew 28:19). If you have trusted Christ but have not yet been baptized as a believer, our pastors and members will help answer your questions and prepare you for this step in following Christ.
Is there a young person in your family who is ready to express faith through baptism? Find out about how Living Proof prepares young people for baptism by contacting one of our pastors
What is Baptism?
Baptism is a visible symbol of God's saving work within a person. It is the outward sign of belonging to the people of God - those who have repented and put their faith in Jesus Christ. You should be baptized if these two conditions describe you: 1) You have repented of your sins and believed in Christ alone for salvation. 2) You have not already been baptized as a believer by immersion.
How Do I Get Baptized at Living Proof Church?
1. Get baptized.
To begin the process, contact Danny Stovall
(404-316-1311) or just come to church on Sunday with the will to follow Christ.
What to Expect When Getting Baptized
Though there may be, and most likely will be some variations at Living Proof, but here is the basic schedule of a baptism service:
- At the beginning of the baptism service, the pastor will say a devotional word about baptism.
- The pastor will ask the candidates to join him at the front to share their names, their testimonies, and why they want to be baptized (optional).
- The candidates join the pastor one at a time at the baptismal pool.
- The pastor will ask each candidate if they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- The pastor will then say the words of baptism and immerse the candidate: "On the profession of your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and in obedience to his command, I now baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
- The pastor closes with prayer.