What is a 242 Team?
JOIN A GROUP TO GROW WITH OTHER BELIEVERS.
A group at Living Proof is a gathering of believers meeting the following criteria:
- Guided by an approved leader
- Regularly meeting
- On-campus or off-campus
- Using approved curriculum
- Pursuing spiritual growth
The important thing is that you start doing life with other believers. At Living Proof, you do that through 242 Teams.
How do I choose a group?
You can choose your group based on your most pressing need. Some people are looking for fellowship and need an ongoing group that meets every week with no scheduled end date. Others are looking for biblical answers to specific questions or issues. They want a group that meets for a specific number of weeks about a singular subject or topic. You decide the kind of group that suits you best right now. So, give one a try. If it doesn't work for you, try something else. With all of our options, there is sure to be something that meets your needs.
We Were Never Intended to Do Life Alone
That's why it is important that you find a group that meets your needs. As your needs change, you can change groups. Check out the teams listed here for one in your area.
Acts 2:42 (NLT) "They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the Apostle's teaching, and fellowship, sharing in the Lord's Supper and in prayer."
THIS WEEK in 242 Team Lesson (18 August 2013):
Read Ex 13:12-13
- How did that affect people of that era?
- Is money a test from God? Explain
Read Mal 3:10
- Tithing means giving to God before you see if your going to have enough.
- Is this a faith deal? Explain
Read Mal 3:8-9
- Are you robbing God? Explain
1 - In our culture time is money.
- Explain how, if we applied this principal of first fruits, our lives would be changed.
2 - How comfortable are you with this kind of giving and why?
3 - Read Pro 3:9.
- What other ways can we use our possessions to honor God?
4 - Satan uses fear [false evidence appearing real] to keep us from being financial faithful.
- What can you do when Satan attacks you with fear of tithing?
- What scripture can you quote?
- Who's your accountability partner?