Crisis PR is defending a public challenge to your reputation. If your company or non-profit organisation has a crisis, how you respond to this in the hours after the revelation will determine the fallout.
Examples of crisis situations include (but are not limited to):
- Financial problems that are undermining confidence
- A major decision that has created a negative reaction from some of the public
- Someone taking legal action against you
- Major negative publicity or press reporting resulting in your reputation being put at risk
- A personal crisis, moral failure, criminal suspicion or other major problem with a senior executive or director that results in negative publicity.
- A major world or national event that has the potential to effect you detrimentally
- Legislative change by a level of government that puts at risk your finances or operations
- A major accident within the organisation resulting in loss of life or serious injury
Mercer PR can prepare a Crisis PR plan for you.