The Nurse/Sonographer volunteer provides support and care to the San Luis Valley Women's Resource Center and maintains professional standards of care. Under the supervision of the Nurse manager and Medical Director, the Nurse/Sonographer is responsible for a variety of clinical services, nursing interventions, and medical follow-up. The Nurse/Sonographer assists in providing support, mentoring, and medical back-up to non-medical staff and volunteers
- Be committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and the policies of the center.
- Be licensed and certified as an ultrasound technician.
- Be certified to provide limited obstetrical ultrasounds.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Provide ultrasound according to medical standards of care.
- Provide patient pregnancy counseling, education, and referrals.
- Document clinical findings, observations, and medical care in patient record.
- Review any clinical findings indicating concern for the viability of the pregnancy or the health of the mother with the Medical Director.
- Comply with state and professional licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Annual renewal of CPR certification.
- Annual review of center policies and procedures, infection control regulations, and safety procedures.