A board member is responsible for setting overall goals and policies of the pregnancy center. Board members are also assigned to supervise areas that most suit their spiritual and natural gifts.
- A genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Steadfastness, faithfulness, and an unshakable confidence in the Word of God.
- A firm belief in the sanctity of human life based on the Word of God.
- A vision for the ministry of SLV Women's Resource Center.
- Leadership, dependability, responsibility, and a willingness to give of oneself.
- Establish policies for the operation of SLV Women's Resource Center, ensuring that the bylaws, policies, and procedures are being followed.
- Set the center's overall program from year to year and engage in long-range planning to ensure and establish its general course for the future.
- Establish fiscal policy, with budgets and financial controls.
- Provide adequate resources for the activities of SLV Women's Resource Center through direct financial contributions and a commitment to fundraising.
- Hire and annually evaluate the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain a communication link to the community, promoting the work of SLV Women's Resource Center.
- Regularly attend all scheduled board and other meeting.
- Support SLV Women's Resource Center and the Execute Director through regular prayer.