1. Focus on Relational Ministry to Youth (6th-12th grade)
Help plan and lead weekly Middle & High School Youth Group
Lead weekly Jr. or Sr. High Bible Studies/Discipleship Groups
Take students out for coke/ice cream/activities, etc.
Attend Great Escape with Middle School group in Gunnison, CO
Attend church-wide mission trip to San Francisco, CA
Plan special events, service projects (in town),
Participate in Vacation Bible School – helping teens to lead/serve
2. Participate in other ministry opportunities (as desired)
Sing or play instrument with Sunday Morning Praise Band
Help in worship services in a variety of ways
Share music or drama talent(s)
3. Meet with Youth Ministry Team/Student Director
Participate in a time of prayer, support, and planning
4. Meet with Director of Student Ministries and Pastor on a regular basis
Read and discuss book
Talk about and reflect upon ministry
5. Spend personal time praying, reading, reflective, journaling, and growing
Take mandatory day off each week.
Day of solitude once a month
We are looking for a person who:
Ø Has a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Ø Has a strong desire to work with young people
Ø Will share his/her faith in a creative way
Ø Wants to be in a “Team Ministry,” working closely with staff, adult volunteers, and parents.
Ø Is flexible and enthusiastic.
Ø Is a self-starter
10 week program (6/1/12-8/10/12)
Starting at $3400 for 10 weeks paid on a semi-monthly basis
Free housing with church family, most food expenses covered and/or provided, and all ministry costs reimbursed.
Please fill out the adjoining application and return it. All applications should be sent to:
Brad Edwards c/o First Presbyterian Church
3940 27 ½ Road
Grand Junction, Colorado 81506
First Presbyterian Church
Of Grand Junction, CO
Summer Intern Application
Phone: _____________________ Age: ________________________
Year in School_____________________ Major:____________________
Church Currently Attending: ___________________________________
Please answer the following questions (typed if possible) on a separate piece of paper.
1. Tell us about your relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. How has the Church and Christian Community nurtured you in your faith?
3. What excites you about a summer of ministry at our church?
4. Please share some of your ministry experiences in the past and present.
5. How have these opportunities prepared you for a church internship, such as the one we are offering?
6. What gifts/strengths would you bring with you into this ministry?
7. What are your weaknesses? (In what areas of your life do you need to grow?)
8. Are you a self-starter? Do you feel comfortable taking initiative with people and responsibilities?
9. What interests and hobbies do you have?
10. What should we know about you that we haven’t asked?
11. Please include three references and explain your relationship to them.