Married Couples Conference
If you are serious about your family, then this conference is for you! Today's families are in deep trouble. The demise of the home begins with the demise of the relationship between husband and wife. The divorce rate among Christians is no different from the divorce rate among non-Christians. The Church is responsible for teaching God's Word and God's will concerning marriage and family.
Singles Ministry Conference
This "Saved, Singles and Satisfied With The Savior" Conference will challenge singles to be saved, single and satisfied with Christ. Dynamic worship and singing as well as motivational speakers will inspire singles to strengthen their walk with Christ. More information will be available online in the coming weeks.
Using the theme, "Be Transformed: Training Christian Education Leaders and Teachers the 21st Century," the Superintendent's Conference is specifically designed to reach Church School Superintendents, Directors of Christian Education, Leadership School Deans, and Christian Education Teachers.
Each year a total of seven scholarships are awarded to deserving college bound students from each of the Convention's regions. As specific information becomes available regarding the Scholarship Program, it will be posted on this site.
The 2011 Scholarship Program
Applications are due to the District Moderator by September 15, 2010. For a complete registration packet, click:
Following are the qualifications. The scholarship applicant must:
- Be a member of a church that is currently registered with the Convention and the Congress of Christian Education
- Be a prospective high school graduate in the year of application or currently enrolled as full time undergraduate in an accredited college/university, vocational, or seminary program
- Use funds for undergraduate studies
- Have an at least 2.0 grade point average (G.P.A.)
- Be a member in good standing of a church that has registered in the last session of the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education (Please provide proof of registration with application)
- Have attended the 2010 session of the National Congress of Christian Education Youth Department and provide a copy of the certificate received.
- Have attended Christian Education classes (Sunday Church School and/or Bible Study) in the local church
- Participate in the overall life of the church
- Participate in a community activity
- Submit three letters of recommendation which must accompany the scholarship application
Each year during the National Baptist Congress Annual Session in June, a contest for high school seniors is held. The national contestants are derived from state and regional competition. The contest is designed to provide young men and women the oratorical aplomb so prominent in our convention. Oratorical Contest guidelines and application forms are in the process of being updated. As specific information becomes available regarding the Oratorical Contest it will be posted on this site.
"Being rock solid with the Solid Rock Savior"
Matthew 7:24-25; 16:13-18