Each year a total of seven scholarships are awarded to deserving college bound students from each of the Convention's regions. As specific information becomes available regarding the Scholarship Program, it will be posted on this site.
The 2011 Scholarship Program
Applications are due to the District Moderator by September 15, 2010. For a complete registration packet, click:
Following are the qualifications. The scholarship applicant must:
- Be a member of a church that is currently registered with the Convention and the Congress of Christian Education
- Be a prospective high school graduate in the year of application or currently enrolled as full time undergraduate in an accredited college/university, vocational, or seminary program
- Use funds for undergraduate studies
- Have an at least 2.0 grade point average (G.P.A.)
- Be a member in good standing of a church that has registered in the last session of the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education (Please provide proof of registration with application)
- Have attended the 2010 session of the National Congress of Christian Education Youth Department and provide a copy of the certificate received.
- Have attended Christian Education classes (Sunday Church School and/or Bible Study) in the local church
- Participate in the overall life of the church
- Participate in a community activity
- Submit three letters of recommendation which must accompany the scholarship application