Milwaukee, WI - Pastor - Greater Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church
Application must submitted by August 1, 2011
August 1, 2011 post mark will be accepted
Overview of Position and Responsibilities
Greater Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is a small congregation with less than 100 members. The church is seeking a pastor who has a passion for teaching and preaching the Word of God to galvanize the membership to grow spiritually. The church prayerfully desires a pastor who is administratively and financially astute. The individual should be an ordained minister who is thoroughly immersed in the Holy Spirit. The scriptural qualifications outlined in 1Timothy 3:1-7 apply. The pastor must demonstrate an enthusiastic love for Christ, possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the Bible and have a clearly defined vision for the church.
- Plan and conduct the worship services, prepare and deliver sermons, and lead in the observance of the ordinances of Greater Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church.
- Visit members who are infirm and unable to attend worship services and other programs and services of the Church.
- Provide pastoral counseling, perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals and other stated services of public worship, and perform dedication services of children.
- Lead and teach members and visitors in a weekly Bible Study.
- Preside over all business meetings of the Church.
- Work with Church leadership and members as they perform their assigned responsibilities and facilitate their training.
- Work with the leadership and finance department to manage the varied resources of the congregation with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure the life of the congregation is carefully organized and lines of authority are well defined.
- Establish a presence in the community of the church with outreach programs and projects.
- Support and participate with the local District and State conventions and the National Baptist Convention USA Inc., which Greater Mount Zion is affiliated.
- Inspire and motivate church members to operate in a spirit of excellence while using their gifts and talents for God in planning, coordinating, and evaluating all activities of the church.
- Lead the Church’s evangelical growth and effectiveness beyond the walls of the Church.
Pastor Minimum Qualifications
A successful candidate will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Education and training from an accredited seminary or a theological institute preferred; willingness to continue education
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years pastoral experience with sensitivity to issues in an urban community.
- Strong expository preaching skills and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching God's Word to individuals of all ages is a necessity.
- A successful candidate must wholeheartedly subscribe to the Christian doctrine and must be ordained in accordance with Biblical doctrine and procedures
Candidates must submit the following items:
- Letter of intent (Cover Letter)
- Educational Background
- Two recent sermons on DVD (preferably) or CD (if available)
- Three letters of reference with contacts (one letter from a Diaconate member and a Trustee member)
- Written statement describing your philosophy of ministry
- Other information may be required throughout the interview process.
At this time Greater Mount Zion will not be able to provide relocation cost or any medical or life insurance coverage. The projected annual salary for this position is $30,000.00.
Forward information to:
Pastoral Search Committee
2479 N. Sherman Boulevard
Milwaukee, WI 53210-2947
Website address: www.gmzmbc.org
Fax: (414)871-5805 – Fax
Must apply for position to be considered
Application Deadline: Postmarked by August 1, 2011