The McKinney First Baptist Church (TMFBC) of McKinney, Texas seeks to fill the position of Pastor to lead its predominantly African American congregation who is devoted and passionate about following Christ. TMFBC recently celebrated its 129th church anniversary and is located in one of the fastest growing areas of the country. Consideration for the position includes being a God-called individual who is vibrant and visionary, who has an intimate relationship with Christ, and a passion for all people.
The Pastor (Servant-Leader) is responsible for providing spiritual and administrative leadership to the TMFBC family. The individual is expected to possess and use appropriate skills in proclaiming the gospel and providing pastoral care to meet the needs of the congregation and community.
- Preaching and Teaching the gospel to the TMFBC family, the community, and beyond.
- Leading the Church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive program of church worship, discipleship, fellowship, education, evangelism, missions and ancillary ministries.
- Providing a worship experience of quality that glorifies God and inspires the people of God – engaging all age groups.
- Conducting Church Ordinances, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and other special services.
- Overseeing all religious educational programs and ministries to ensure that programs and curriculum are bible-based and aligned with the overall theology and philosophy of TMFBC – Christian Education/Sunday School/Bible Study/Prayer Meeting/Leadership Training/Vacation Bible School.
- Aligning all ministry goals to achieve our common purpose related to attendance in worship service, and meeting financial stewardship obligations.
- Visiting members in crisis, where pastoral care is needed, demonstrating warmth, sensitivity, and confidentiality to those involved.
- Moderating at church business meetings.
- Supporting local, state, and national associations and conventions affiliated with the church.
- Maintaining, developing, and motivating a staff that is qualified, managed, encouraged, and accountable to meet responsibilities.
- Representing the Church positively in the community.
- Five (5) plus years successfully demonstrated experience required as a pastor, or assistant to a Senior Pastor.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited seminary or university, prefer Masters level education or currently in pursuit of graduate level degree.
- Licensed, Ordained minister in accordance with Baptist Doctrine and Procedures.
- Aligned with and committed to the tenets of the Baptist Faith.
- Must be ethical, possess strong faith, integrity, dedication, and live a lifestyle that reflects God.
- Must consent to background and reference checks; be able to provide documentation to support credentials upon request.
Please submit resumes, including cover letter and DVD in confidence to:
The McKinney First Baptist Church
C/O Pastoral Search Committee
401 W. Erwin Ave.
McKinney, Texas 75069
Note - Previous respondents need not reapply
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IS AUGUST 15, 2011
ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF TMFBC