The Second Missionary Baptist Church of Kalamazoo, Michigan, is seeking a new
pastor. A pastoral search committee has been formed and commissioned by the
congregation to review applicants. We are calling all interested and qualified persons to apply.
The pastor is responsible for providing spiritual leadership by preaching and teaching God's Word as well as by providing leadership for the direction of the church in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, Deacons, and Finance Ministry.
In addition, the pastor must possess the principal qualifications set forth in
I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and must also be ethical, have strong faith, integrity, dedication, and live a lifestyle that reflects God.
A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, with training from an accredited seminary; willingness to continue education
- Minimum of 4 years, pastoral experience
- Sensitivity to issues in an urban community with socioeconomic problems
- Strong expository preaching skills and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching God's Word to all ages
In addition, a successful candidate must wholeheartedly subscribe to the Christian doctrine and must be ordained in accordance with Biblical doctrine.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
2. Recordings of two sermons preached on different occasions (1 CD and 1 DVD)
3. Four (4) letters of recommendation (2 clergy, 1 personal, and1 layperson)
Mail this information along with a cover letter to:
Annie Benton, Chairperson, Search Committee
Second Missionary Baptist Church
609 North Rose Street
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007
E-mail questions to email@example.com