Uniondale, NY - Pastor - Merrick Park Missionary Baptist Church
Pastor Search Announcement
Merrick Park Missionary Baptist Church
120-02 Bishop Curtis G. Norton Drive (Marsden Street)
Jamaica, NY 11434
(718) 276-5039 - www.merrickparkbaptistchurch.org
Deacon David Bishop, Chair of Deacons
We, the Pastoral Search Committee of Merrick Park Missionary Baptist Church greet you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Merrick Park Missionary Baptist Church established in July 1928 is strategically located in urban Southeast Jamaica, New York. We believe that God is the one who calls pastors to shepherd a people in such times.
Jeremiah 3:15 states “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.”
The Merrick Park Missionary Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking God’s choice for the position of Senior Pastor with a minimum of 6 years pastoral experience for our church family.
The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, and to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Planning and conducting the worship services; preparing and delivering sermons; leading in observance of ordinances, Baptism and Lord’s Supper.
2. Leading the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
3. Visiting the sick and shut in.
4. Conducting pastoral counseling; performing wedding ceremonies; conducting funerals and baby dedications.
5. Lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the church ministries.
6. Leading the Diakonate, church officers, ministries and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
7. Acting as moderator of church business meetings.
8. Cooperating with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keeping the church informed of denominational development; representing the church in civic matters.
9. Assisting with the development of the youth ministry.
Qualifications and Giftedness Criteria should be pursuant to 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, Proverbs 27: 17, Galatians 5: 22-23, Malachi 3:10
Please send the following documents and media for our review. All documents and other items will be shredded and/or discarded after our deliberation is complete.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Faith
- Current Resume
- Salary requirement (Optional)
- Copy of Ministerial License/ Certificate of Ordination
- Verification of completion of Degrees (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Proof of Theology training and degrees
- Audio and/or DVD of most recent sermon
- References (at least 5)
All correspondence must be sent to the following address:
Merrick Park Pastoral Search CommitteeContact Information:
P.O. Box 128
Uniondale, NY 11553
Kelvin Jenkins- Committee Chairperson
Deadline for submission of Materials, on or before August 31, 2011
The Committee will acknowledge receipt of all resumes and letters of interest. All information presented will be treated as confidential. Final candidates must consent to perform a Criminal History Background check, Substance Abuse History check and Credit and Financial History Review (performed through an outside agency for complete confidentiality).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Published July 12, 2011