Planning Your Event
Planning a successful Lights On! Afterschool event is easy due in part to the “Lights On! Afterschool Event Planning Kit” developed by the Afterschool Alliance. This tool kit is full of all the things you need to plan an event that is sure to be a success. In the kit you can find the following:
· Lights On! Afterschool Basics – the Who, What, Where and When of planning a successful event. Just like afterschool programs come in all shapes and sizes so do Lights On! Afterschool events. This basics section walks you thru the different things to consider when planning an event, be it a small or large scale celebration!
· Media Tips and Sample Materials
· Using your Lights On! Afterschool event as a Fundraiser
· How to Engage Policy Makers
· Graphics and Printed Materials – See sample invitations, light bulb art, posters, newsletter articles and more!
· AND MORE!
To see what great resources are available to you as you plan your Lights On! Afterschool celebration visit http://www.afterschoolalliance.org