Welcome, and thank you for considering the elegant sanctuary of the Fox Island United Church of Christ, on Fox Island, near Gig Harbor, WA, as the venue for your special and unique wedding celebration.
With its seating capacity for 250 guests, be assured that your loved ones and friends will revel in a breath-taking panoramic view of the forested skyline of west Fox Island, the waters of Puget Sound, and the beautiful expansive view of the Olympic Mountain range, and will fondly remember and appreciate your choice of wedding venue for the most blessed celebration of your lifetime!
For outdoor weddings, the same breathtaking water view may now be enjoyed from our newly completed outdoor venue. Our patio with a view, adjacent to the Fireside Room and kitchen, is the perfect place for your wedding reception or family gathering.
Our facility wedding coordinator is prepared to aid in your wedding planning with wedding ideas that offer unique weddings, affordable services, and wedding tips to accommodate your needs regarding local wedding resources. The roomy sanctuary, modeled after the now community-owned historic white chapel located on Echo Bay ~ founded in 1892, built in 1900 and cared for over a century by its Fox Island UCC congregation ~ still fortunately offers the picturesque “window cross” with a romantic sunset over the Olympics. (Sunset schedules available!)
NOTE: The following items are provided by the F.I.U.C.C. to help make your wedding special. The client is responsible for their care, under terms of our Use Agreement.
* Wooden Altar/Communion table, measuring 96” long X 33” wide X 31” tall.
* Two standing brass candelabras, seven candles each. Drip-less candles must be furnished by the client.
* Two drip-less taper candles, provided for the Altar/Communion table.
* Two matching brass candle lighters (lucifers).
* Two wooden plant stands, measuring 30” tall.
* Entryway table for guest book, measuring 50” long X 24” wide X 36” tall.
* Entryway display table for photos and flowers, measuring 7’11” long X 30” wide X 3’ tall.
* Grand piano, to be used by our pianist or other authorized accompanist. (Our organist, Meredith Shanley, is the only musician authorized to use the church organ.)
* Ironing board, iron and steamer for Bride’s dressing room.
* Several full length mirrors in Bride’s dressing room.
* Portable wooden lectern.
* Four black music stands.
* House sound system for the use of your wedding officiate.
* Sound system for recorded music, performance microphones, sound engineer,
and lighting technician.
As a convenience to you, we have provided a few pages of information, directions, and FAQ’s that should help answer some of the more common questions. Thank you for visiting our wedding website …and